anchor text

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NEW DESIGN: BRENDA'S BASKETWEAVE BAG

Despite the fact that I know how to crochet almost as long as I knit, this is my very first published crochet design. The new issue of Interweave Crochet, Accessories, 2010 is full of great small projects that can be done very quickly for gifts or just for fun. I made my list of hats already.

So, here is my design. This bag is a version of a messenger bag. You can use it in so many ways. It can hold a laptop, iPad, books, and, which is more important for us knitters, a disguise for a knitting bag.

Finished Size
13.5" wide x 12.5" tall x 2.75" deep

Yarn
Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool (100% wool; 465 yd [425 m] / 8 oz [227 g]; CYCA #4) : #125 brown heather (MC), 2 skeins; #126 nature's brown, 1 skein.

Hook Sizes
G/6 (4 mm), F/5 (3.75 mm). Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.

Gauge
20 sts and 12 rows = 4" in basketweave patt on a larger hook


To make it sturdy, I used double strand of yarn for the strap.



The above photos are © Interweave Press.

My vision of this bag was very clear from the beginning and I did not have to change anything.

3 comments:

Adushka said...

Фаина, эта сумка, колосальная работа! я знаю что это будет моя любимая вещь :-)) спасибо тебе за нее огромное!

Angela said...

I'd love to know where the blue buttons came from - they are gorgeous! Perfect for this bag.

Faina Goberstein said...

Angela, these buttons are from Lantern Moon http://www.lanternmoon.com/new_woodButtons.asp