anchor text

Monday, June 28, 2010

New pattern : Caprice Tank Top


This is my first design for Bijou Basin Ranch yarn company. Carl and Eileen Koop, the owners, are the nicest people to work with. Their primary yarn fiber is yak. Here is the quote about yak down from their website: "Yarn made from yak down is one of the most luxurious fibers found. Warmer than wool and as soft as cashmere, yak yarn makes wonderful garments and accessories. It is an extremely durable and lightweight fiber that preserves heat in the winter yet breathes for comfort in warmer weather. Yak yarn is completely odorless, does not shed and maintains warmth, even when wet. The yarn is non-allergenic and non-irritating as it contains no animal oils or residue. It can be hand washed with a gentle detergent."
Some information:
Finished Size:
32 1/4 (35 1/2, 39, 42 1/4, 45 3/4, 49, 52 1/2)” bust/chest circumference.

Yarn:
Bijou Spun Fingering weight (100% yak down; 100 yd/28g): white (MC), 5 (6, 6, 8, 8, 9, 9) skeins; brown (CC), 2 (2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3) skeins.

Needles:
US 4 (3.5mm): 24-32” circular (cir).
D-3 (3.25mm) crochet hook.

Gauge:
26 sts and 36 rnds = 4” (10cm) in Lace Cable on size 4 (3.5 mm) needle.

Here is my Monique wearing Caprice over the Black Sea skirt.



Carl, Eileen, and Marly Bird liked my design and, when they chose 3 out of 20 new designs to include in the TNNA Fashion Show, my Caprice was one of them. I am humbled and honored by their decision. This is the first time that my design was in the Fashion Show. I loved the video and I am posting it here, so you can see it as well. (By the way, I am not as calm about all this as it seems from my post:)). Enjoy the show.







No comments: