anchor text

Monday, May 10, 2010

New pattern: Nostalgia

When I say that this pattern is new I smile. The reason is that I made this top a year ago and had to wait to talk about it until it is published. It is officially published by Claudia Hand Painted yarns and at this point you can get it through the yarn shops that sell this yarn. Soon the pattern will be available online as well. The yarn I used is called Cotton Ball. It is a wonderful yarn to work with and very nice and cool for the summer. I made sure it will be cool by placing lacy pattern in front and in the back :) It is not a beginner project since the lace is used, but it is not a difficult one either. This tank is knitted from the bottom up in the round, so there are no seams at all. Wide straps are done separately and attached to the body with some gathering that makes the top even more gentle and feminine.
You can see another picture of this top in the ad for Claudia Hand Painted Yarns
in the Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2010. I do not have that photo, but here is the ad. You can see it much better in the magazine itself, of course.

3 comments:

hotpinkpeonies said...

Its beautiful! You shouldn't just be smiling, your buttons should be bursting. Congrats! I stumbled over here from Ravelry, where I'm gardengirl611.

eileenlaurie said...

Hi. I live in Sweden and would to buy this lovely pattern. Can you advise? Best wishes. Eileen

Faina Goberstein said...

Hi Eileen,
I am not sure at the moment how you can do it outside of USA, so I would suggest to write to Claudia and ask. Go to her website http://www.claudiaco.com/ and contact her. She has all the answers. Good luck and thank you for liking my pattern.