anchor text

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Experiment

Up to this point I always designed on my needles. This is the first time that I am actually not talking but doing differently. Since I had 5 designs all due this months it was not conceivable for me to do it in any other way. Notes as I work on the project will not do the trick. I had to organize myself and started an Excel sheet for each of my projects. Instead of doing my usual format, I wrote all the logical steps with the count of sts and rows at the point. Just like I am writing the pattern. Did I mention that I LOVE EXCEL!! ? It is such a powerful program! I am grading for about 7 sizes if it is a garment. To tell you the truth I did not find this way harder (remember that I am not seeing what I have on my needles at the moment I write) even quite contrary: it made me at ease. I can change my design elements as I go to fit all the applicable sizes. From now on this is the only way I am going to design. In Russian we say:"Век живи, век учись." In English one of the ways you can say this proverb is :"You can learn as long as you live."
Here is a little teaser for you. Can't show the projects now, sorry.

1 comment:

Heatherly said...

i love excel!!!
thanks so much for teaching me how to use it. i am finally moved in and have ~*~internet~*~