anchor text

Friday, February 19, 2010

Structured Rib Pullover

Something very unexpected just happened. UPS delivered a package with a new book by Kara Gott Warner called Circular Knitting Redefined. I worked on this design last April and I knew that it should be out soon, but had no warning that it is out already. It is very a very nice looking book with a lot of good designs. I am very happy with the photography as well. So, here it is. This are some stages that took place as I was working on it. The swatch, the sketch, knitting in the round, blocking, etc.























As you see on my sketch I was thinking of doing a different neckline, but during the work on this pullover, I changed my mind, so I can complement the overall look . And here is the model wearing it for the book.



3 comments:

stricky said...

Looks great! Congratulations!

IrkaDblrka said...

Beautiful sweater! Really like the texture and neckline shape!

Faina Goberstein said...

Thank you very much. It was an interesting design in terms of grading for many sizes. You should have seen my office at that time:)