anchor text

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Salad

Today I went grocery shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner. Our dinner is very traditional. We inherited all of the recipes from our dear friends who always invited us to their home when we were still new to this holiday. The only variation my family tolerates is in the turkey dressing and in my apple pie that I make using a Russian recipe. Do not misunderstand me, please. I love that traditional dinner that my friends make. It's just I am the type of a cook that does not like to follow any recipes. I love to improvise and have fun with flavors. One minus in that is that I do not always remember what I did since I am not writing it down. This way my invention cannot be qualified as a traditional dish, I guess. It is only once a year and I can survive the pressure on my creativity :):) Other times I am having a ball though. Here is the example:
For tonight's dinner I made a link cod dish with the side of this salad that I improvised with what I had in my refrigerator. It turned out very nice, so I broke down and wrote the recipe.
Here it is:
- 2 big carrots
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 sticks of fennel
All of the above grate using Cuisinart
Add:
- 2 tsp dried blueberries
- 2-3 tsp pine nuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sugar or sugar substitute
Mix well and enjoy!
It is very fresh, healthy, and infinitely delicious.

No comments: