anchor text

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dolce Slouch

I showed you this yarn before. Dolce by Cascade Yarns has a great blend of silk, alpaca, and wool. Just at the moment I touched it I knew what I want to do with it. It does not happen often, but this was the case with this yarn. I made a hat that is a slouch with a nice drape allowed by this yarn. It is all done and the pattern is written. Very soon it should be placed on the Cascade Yarns website as a free pattern.
I went to my office today for the first time after 8 months leave. Let me tell you, I have never seen so much dust. I had no time to clean, so this is another job waiting for me in a week. All three classes I am going to teach will use a new book, so I need to get started on my class preps. I guess it is really happening: semester is starting no matter what. Since I love to teach and interact with my students, it is a good thing. There is no slowing in my design work in the near future, so I will keep doing both. I have done it before, so I know I can do it.

No comments: