anchor text

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Julie and Julia

Since I am totally immersed in knitting and calculating for this project, I have no time to read. The new movie with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams written and directed by Nora Ephron on the base of Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell caught my attention and I bought the audio book. So, when I go to the gym I listen to it. I discovered that I am looking forward to exercise now. So far I did not make my mind if I really like the book, but there are many things that speak to me on different levels. One is growing up with my dad and watching him making magic in the kitchen. I love to cook myself, but not like my dad.When Julie ,who is turning 30, talks about cooking techniques and ingredients , I love it. I would not ever want to go through the whole book of Julia Child and cook all 524 recipes in it, but I admire anyone who would.

No comments: