anchor text

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bay Area Yarn Shops

Lately we hear that some yarn shops are closing their doors for good. It is very sad, but everyone of them has a very good reason for doing so. At the same time there are two new stores that I know in the vicinity of San Francisco. I do not know what to think about it. I see many people still very excited about knitting. Every store I visit has customers coming one after another. Maybe it is very normal that some stores stay open no matter what is happening with our economy and some have to close. I guess I wish everyone who wants to stay in business succeed. I want it for them and I want it for me. So, I am very hopeful that I will be always able to have my supply of yarn and needles because they will all survive.
I visited ImagiKnit today and had so much fun looking at books and their incredible collection of yarn. They are doing very well and the atmosphere is very vibrant and positive. Their stuff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and very hip. Coming out of there (only because my family waited for me) I had such reassurance that everything is fine in our world of knitting. Back to my projects.

No comments: