anchor text

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh Boy! She is giving away a book!

I just read Kara's blog about the blog tour for Tops & Toes and... learned that she is giving away a book. You need to read about the details of this contest here. Are you on Ravelry.com? If you are, you are in luck. Many projects of this book are already posted, so you can see the pictures and see who are the designers. There is also a group called Knitting Book Talk where you can read or participate in the discussion about this book.

And now the real world. California is soaked through these days. We had 5 days of rain, 2 days break, and now we are at it again for a few days. Few days ago we lost the power three times in the same day. It felt like our life stopped for a number of hours. I try to stay calm and put myself in the shoes of people who lived before the invention of electricity. You know what? I can't. I have no idea how to survive without it. I get very restless. Everything I do requires electricity. So, dinner time came and I had to cook something. My stove here in Stanford is a gas stove. I turned it on with matches and cooked while my husband (who also could not do anything else) was holding his big flashlight over my cooking. It was fun. Things like this make a good story, don't they?

Yesterday I spent a day in San Francisco with my good friend Pat who came from Stockton. Some of you know who she is ;). We went to the Legion of Honor Museum where we saw this new exhibition - Artistic Luxury: Fabergé, Tiffany, Lalique. Here is one of the items that is posted on their website
Not bad, huh? The exhibition dates are February 7, 2009 — May 31, 2009, if you interested to come. We had a great time and hope to meet again for some more fun.

No comments: