anchor text

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Metropolitan Opera: Live in HD

I love opera and love Metropolitan Opera House. This is the photo by Paul Masck from wikimedia.org. Isn't it gorgeous?
I have been there a few times in my life and it is always an experience you never forget. The world's best of everything: voices, acting, music, orchestra, conductors, stage sets, and it goes on and on...
Just look at these beautiful chandeliers. It is my favorite detail inside of the house. This photograph is the courtesy of Tim McFarlane who is an incredible photographer.


This week my husband and I went to the movie theater to listen to the opera Lucia di Lammermoor by Gaetano Donizetti. It turns out that starting December of 2006 Met is showing its performances live in high definition at some movie theaters (Chico including) around the globe. You are sitting at your movie theater at the same time as live performance takes place at the Met. Not only you hear the opera live, wait through all the intermissions, you also have a bonus video where you are taken behind the scenes and given a tour on the set with some interviews with singers, musicians, stage director and so on. We loved it! I recommend it highly. Here is the link to Met live in HD.

No comments: