anchor text

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


I love Thanksgiving. Kids come home. I do not have to go to work. We cook, we talk, we laugh, we watch movies, my daughter and I knit. There is much to be thankful for. I am lucky to have a great family and many friends. My designing is continuing to be great fun for me. This year I also realized that my cyber friends on Ravelry are real.
My daughter made beautiful pies for our meal. This is her apple pie.
A birch tree is very symbolic in Russian literature. When I was leaving Russia almost 30 years ago, my boss was trying to reason with me and said that if I leave, I will never see another birch in my life. He meant to say that I will see very different nature around me and be very nostalgic. In fact, I do not see much of a difference in plants if I compare where I grew up and where I live now. And talking about birches… I have quite a few of them around my block. No nostalgia here. I do love them though.

No comments: