anchor text

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Book Signing at Barnes & Noble

I was so busy with some deadlines and the blog tour that I had no time to post this. I also waited for the pictures. Kimberlee Wheeler, the wonderful Community Relations Manager of our B&N, took these pictures of us. She did such a great job on organizing the event! We had many people attending and it felt like a big party.
I made a Power Point presentation about the book and Kimberlee asked next-door neighbors, The Circut City, for a flat TV. We were so pleased to see 72" TV rolled in by two guys who actually knew how to connect my laptop to it.


The atmosphere was very informal and people were asking many questions. Here is Dawn talking about our projects.





All the projects were displayed on mannequins, but some had to rest on the book stands.



This sweater had to lean on the magazines. It had a big support from Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits along with other craft and fashion magazines. It would be very lonely otherwise.



Some people came very prepared and did not waste any time.



There was a little girl of 8 years old who was knitting away. It was very symbolic for me since I started to knit at her age. Too bad I have no pictures of her. She was so cute.

Nobody wanted to leave, so they were looking at the projects, talking to each other and to us. We were signing books at the table covered with stuff. You hardly see Dawn who is signing the book behind the poster.


It is a memorable day for us and we are glad that so many people came to celebrate with us the launch of our book. Do you want to know what did we do after that? Well, Dawn had her family visiting from Sacramento and Arizona. My husband and I joined them for a nice early dinner at our local Sierra Nevada Brewery. So, cheers!!



(from the beer blog.)


No comments: