anchor text

Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 16: The Grand Finale with Simona Merchant-Dest

The last day of the blog tour. I am talking to Simona Merchant-Dest. She is one of my favorite designers. I love her style: elegant and classy even when she is making a hat. Simona's designs are published in Vogue Knitting, Interweave Crochet, Knit 1, Knit Simple, Knitter's Magazine. She contributed to books Vogue Knitting on the GO series and Anova Books: Stitch Style: Socks. Simona also designs for a yarn company Mission Falls. If you look through her designs, you will see that she is equally great in designing for knitting and crocheting. When Simona was talking to me, I had a chance to ask her about her future plans. It seams that we will see her beautiful designs in many places.
Since this is our last stop on the blog tour, I want to use the opportunity to thank all 16 incredibly talented designers for taking their time from their very busy schedules to help us to introduce our book to the knitting world. I hope you all had as much fun as I did going from blog to blog and seeing such different design styles. There is much to learn from each one of them. I wish them all great success in their work and I hope that you, my readers, will follow these designers and enjoy their new patterns.
As I was working on these interviews for the blog tour, I came up with some ideas for my next posts. I hope you will check with me once in a while to see what I am up to. Both Dawn and I have some publications of our designs coming in books and magazines. I will keep you posted on that.

1 comment:

Kara Gott Warner said...

Hi Faina,
I wish I knew about your blog tour from day one! I enjoyed going back to read previous posts, it was an enjoyable tour!

I guess since I had the baby, I've been a little out of the loop! There are only so many hours in the day, and my little guy takes up many of them. Let me know when you do another tour, or if you would like to coordinate one in the future. They are so informative, and lots of fun too!
-kara