anchor text

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 15: A book review by Joanne Seiff

I do not even know where to start talking about Joanne Seiff of the Yarn Spinner. This summer I was in Nashville and met with Joanne for cup of coffee. I have not met her before. I knew her blog and knew about her upcoming book Fiber Gathering published by Wiley. I cannot wait to read this book. Yes, I mean read. Joanne is a superb writer and a good researcher. I am sure I will learn a lot from her book. She told me that she has been a spinner since her childhood and she still finds it relaxing and fascinating. Joanne is also a designer, so there will be projects designed by her and some other designers in her book. While working on this book, she was offered another contract for a second book. So, she is very busy right now and I am very grateful that Joanne took time to write a book review about Casual, Elegant Knits.
Thank you, Joanne. Do you want to know more about Joanne? You can look at her website and you would know what I am talking about. Here is what written about Joanne on the website of The Association of Knitwear Designers:
Joanne Seiff is a freelance writer, knitwear designer, educator, and fiber artist. Her writing about fiber arts and knitting designs have appeared in Interweave Knits, Spin-Off, Belle Armoire, and Wild Fibers magazines, in the KnitLit books, the Knit Picks Catalog, and online on knitty.com. Her handspun yarn is sold at The Berea College Gallery in Kentucky and is available, along with self-published patterns, on her website. This year, Seiff’s fiber art won an award at the 2006 Celebration of the Arts show at The Kentucky Museum and two of her pieces appeared in a juried exhibition at the Kiana Malekzadeh Gallery in New York City.
I want to wish Joanne all the best in her work and thank her for the book review.

Well, today is day 15 on our tour. That means tomorrow is the last day. We are visiting with another fabulous designer Simona Merchant-Dest. I hope you are still with us.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Thanks for such a nice post about me, Faina! I hope the book review lived up to your expectations. I enjoyed the break from all my book stuff. I look forward to having another cup of tea or coffee with you again soon. :) it was fun!