anchor text

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two days before the first book-signing party

I am seriously tired of being excited about the book. Now it is almost a scary stage. The work on the book is very personal. Dawn and I have lived and breathed our patterns for two years. And now... someone else is going to look at them. I have never thought about this when I was perusing through some other author's work. When you buy a book, it becomes yours. In other words, the author is now sharing with you what is written.
Does it mean that I have to share my work with other people now? I had to think about it for a while and I came to the decision that I would be happy to share my patterns with my fellow knitters. Enjoy and use it creatively by choosing your colors, different yarns, and whatever else it will motivate you to do. I am letting it go.

On Wednesday, there will be our first book-signing for Casual, Elegant Knits. Friends and relatives will come to celebrate with us. So many of them were very supportive throughout and kept us assured that it was worthwhile to write this book. Now it is the time to make a toast to all of them. Thank you all!!



Monique will be at the party, so come and meet her in person.

No comments: