anchor text

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Air quality in Northern CA

This time around the fires are far from our city, but there are hundreds of them and we get the smoke from there. Every day we are watching the air quality report and it is BAD!
Many people went to the ocean shore. It is a trip from here, since we are in the valley and need to go around the mountains. We are trying to stay home, but it gets to me even here. I do not feel the smoke, but my head does.
Yesterday I took these pictures at about 6pm.














The sun is actually absolutely red, when you look at it, but on the photo it is a source of light (I guess the camera feels it has to be truthful).















O.K., I did darken it a little. A lot, actually:)
Isn't it beautiful, though? Somehow I do not believe we will have fireworks this year on the 4th of July.

Tomorrow we are leaving for a few days to San Francisco. Our daughter is moving back to CA from sometimes cold Michigan. It will be so nice to have at least one of our kids nearby.

Happy 4th of July everybody!

No comments: